Going to ship your car to MI. This completed Michigan car shipping guide was made for you. Here you can find Pro car shipping tips for shipping your car and answers for such themes:
- Why do people choose Michigan to ship a car;
- What is car shipping price to Michigan and how to calculate it;
- Michigan car shipping services near me;
- Preparation before shipping to Michigan.
The Great Lakes State has the longest freshwater coastline and is the only state in the US that consists of 2 peninsulas (Lower and Upper Peninsulas). These geographical peculiarities predefined a large number of national and state parks, recreation areas, and state forests.
The Lower Peninsula has some industrial centers and is mostly known for its high-tech industry, manufacture, and agriculture. The Upper Peninsula is mostly important for tourism, due to the large variety of natural resources.
The first word that comes to mind when you hear about Michigan is the automotive industry. Now Michigan is a diverse community, but in the early 20th century it was almost the only economic force in the state. With the growth of the auto industry, Detroit attracted immigrants from Europe and migrants from across the United States.
The largest metropolitan areas are all situated on the Lower Peninsula: Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing (which is also its capital), Kalamazoo, and Saginaw. The whole state and Detroit in particular was hit hard during the crisis of 2008.
As for now, Michigan is ranked 23rd for the best job offers and opportunities. If you’re going to move your car to Michigan or just checking the options, you can request a quote here (link) and we will be glad to help you with the move of your vehicle. With a developing economy, the Great Lakes State is slowly becoming a place where people want to live.
Why do people ship to Michigan?
First of all, the cost of living in Michigan is lower than the national average and the median house costs only $185 000. The data was taken from https://livingcost.org/
Secondly, Detroit is like a phoenix rising from the ashes, more and more businesses are opening here looking for new employees.
Michigan has a great number of universities, private colleges, and art schools. Michigan State University has the eighth largest campus population of any US School. And students quite often need to ship their cars in short notice for a reasonable price, this service can be provided for you by Movewheels.
Some people also move to Michigan for weather and winter activities. People, who love snow, will find so many things to try (ice-fishing, skiing, dog-sledding). And moving your car in winter is not a problem for Movewheels.
How much does it cost to ship a car to Michigan?
The price for moving the vehicle depends on so many factors as: its size (i.e. sedan, SUV, pickup truck, van or RV), mileage, time of the year (i.e. prices for moving to Michigan in winter are higher than usual since it’s very cold and snowy there), and carrier availability on the route. The most popular drop of locations in Michigan are Detroit and Grand Rapids metropolitan areas. Other Michigan cities are not very popular among drivers because only a few vehicles are shipped there and it happens not so often. If you need to have your car moved to such a location, you can check the price for shipping clicking the button below(link).
Please note: Most of the drivers schedule their routes 4 days ahead of time. If you are moving to small cities or cities that are located closer to our border with Canada, it’s better to schedule the transportation at least 7-8 days before the 1st available pick up date, since it takes some time to schedule the driver and find other vehicles going the same way.
Here are some pictures of the Central Dispatch for July-August 2020 in comparison with January-February 2020*:
*All prices are for a sedan and are only carrier rates (you will need to add $100-170 brokers fee and you will have the total price). If you have a SUV multiply the price by 1.2 (i.e. sedan is $1000, SUV = $1200). If you have a pickup truck multiply the price by 1.4. Enclosed is 1.5 more and if your car is inoperable add $100 since a special trailer with a winch is needed to transport such vehicles and they usually have only 3-4 spots, unlike usual 8 car haulers.
Shipping from the east coast to Michigan
Shipping a car from Key West to Michigan: You should add $250. Because it’s difficult to get there for a big car hauler. Usually, a special trailer picks up the cars in Key West and delivers it to Homestead, after that the vehicle is loaded on the trailer going to Michigan.
Shipping from the southern area to Michigan
Shipping from the west coast to Michigan
Michigan car shipping companies near me
There are a lot of companies located in the metropolitan areas of Detroit and Grand Rapids. Most of them are open carriers going to the east coast (most popular delivery locations are Georgia and Florida) and to the west coast (here the most popular drop off locations are California and Washington). For example, K Naomi Transport LLC out of Farmington Hills, MI, or MI Century Star Inc. are family-owned companies with one 8-car hauler each that is going anywhere in 48 states. Another family-owned company is Laramie Transport LLC that has 9-car hauler going to Illinois and Missouri only.
After looking for top vehicle transportation companies on the Internet, and receiving at least 10 quotes from different companies, you are probably wondering why you cannot contact the carrier all by yourself. The thing is those carrier companies do not have enough staff to work with so many customers. Usually, carrier companies are a family-owned business with 1-2 dispatchers and some drivers. For you, it would take even more time to find all of them on the Internet, call them asking if they are going your route, and then double-check the insurance policy.
We can do all this for you and you won’t have to waste your time. You can simply submit a quote and our shipping agent will contact you with all the details of the shipment.
While looking for a carrier for you we are both checking our database of reliable drivers we have worked with for years and also looking for drivers on a website called Central Dispatch (only a registered broker, carrier, or dealer has access to the website). If the price works for the driver, he calls us and sets up the pick up date. If the price is too low the driver can make an offer to move the vehicle for a higher price or wait till the company reposts the vehicle for a higher rate. Frankly speaking, it’s like an auction for a spot on the trailer.
How can I get ready for moving?
Once everything is negotiated with the driver and you received the confirmation email, you should prepare your vehicle for the transportation by removing all tags and plates (road cameras may take a picture of your car by mistake and you will receive a ticket). You can easily dispute it by showing the Bill of Lading but it will still take some time.
If you are moving the vehicle during winter, please make sure there are enough fluids and you have snow chains on your tires. Michigan weather is often very harsh and it’s changing very quickly from sunny weather to heavy snowfall. Then make sure that your car is operable, it has 14tank of fuel (gas needed for loading and unloading your vehicle) and remove antennas and loose parts.
So now, the only step left, is to contact us by creating your Free car shipping quote, just click on the button below, fill in the form and we will provide you with the best car shipping service. But if need more car shipping advice, read this article.
- Missouri Car Shipping 2021
- Washington DC Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Wyoming Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Car Transport To or From Wisconsin, WI
- West Virginia Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Ship Your Car To Washington Guide 
- Virginia Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Vermont Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Utah Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Rhode Island Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Pennsylvania Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Car Transport To or From Oklahoma, OK
- Car Transport To or From North Dakota, ND
- Car Transport To or From New Mexico, NM
- New Hampshire Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Car Transport To or From Nebraska, NE
- Car Transport To or From Montwana, MT
- Mississippi Car Shipping [2021 Update]
- Minnesota Car Shipping Guide 2021
- Massachusetts Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Maryland Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Maine Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Go Louisiana Car Shipping [Winter 2021]
- Kentucky Car Shipping. Get the Best Shipping Experience
- Kansas Car Shipping Guide in 2021
- Full Iowa Car Shipping Guide [2021 Update]
- Indiana Car Shipping in 2021 Guide
- Illinois Car Shipping Guide [2021 update]
- Idaho Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Go Hawaii Car Shipping Now [2021 Guide]
- Georgia Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Delaware Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Connecticut Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Colorado Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Shipping A Car To California, CA 2021 Guide
- Arkansas Car Shipping
- Arizona Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Alaska Auto Transport Guide
- Alabama Vehicle Shipping
- 2021 Nevada Car Shipping Guide
- New York Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide [2021 Update]
- New Jersey Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- Let’s Go! Ohio Car Shipping [2021 update]
- Oregon Car Shipping Guide 2021
- South&North Dakotas Car Shipping Guide 2021 Update
- South Carolina Car Shipping
- North Carolina Car Transport & Auto Shipping Guide
- 2021 Tennessee Car Shipping Full Guide
- Texas Car Shipping [2021 update]